Monday, August 2, 2021

Update - 8/2/21

I know I haven't been around in a while, but that's because not much is going on in the garden.

Except today, I found a new flower on one of my tomato plants.  It's one of the ones I grew from seeds!  I'm inordinately excited about this.  Now my one baby tiny tomato might soon have a friend.  And my one tiny tomato is just shy of ping-pong ball size.  Yay.  

In zucchini news, none of them are blooming anymore.  But I have the beginnings of new flowers coming out.  Fingers crossed they're female.  AND male.  Because even though I saved some male flowers, I'm iffy about the viability of the pollen.  No word yet on whether the plants I gave a neighbor are doing any better than my pathetic crew.

Also, several of the zucchini have larger and darker leaves.  So I got that going for me.  

Trying to stay positive is hard sometimes.  Some days, I get discouraged enough that I want to rip all the plants out and feed them to the deer.  Then at least somebody would get some nourishment out of this experiment.  I'm already looking to next year and what I can do differently to achieve a better harvest.  (Or a real harvest.)

By the way, once growing season is over for these plants, they will become deer food.  Unless there's some way to over winter them so they can try again next year.  I'll have to look into that.

1 comment:

  1. Crossing fingers! The news is hopeful! And good on you for at least trying. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Can you tell I'm still working on my first cup of coffee? Been a long, slow morning. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Conversation Growth

Update - 8/2/21

I know I haven't been around in a while, but that's because not much is going on in the garden. Except today, I found a new flower o...