Monday, April 12, 2021

The Container Garden Spreadsheet

Okay, so I thought of doing a spreadsheet to chart my progress with the container garden.  Yeah, if you don't know me, I'm a big spreadsheet person.  Anyway, it looks like this:


Pretty snazzy, eh?

I didn't say it would be exciting.  Although, I did think about color coding it.  We'll see.

It's not hard to follow.  The day something happened, what it happened to, and what happened.  L is lettuce, T is tomatoes, C is carrots, Ce are the little cedar trees - which are doing well, by the way.  The taller of the two has new growth at the top.  Squee.

This should help me keep track of what's going on, time spans between planting and sprouting and replanting, leading to eventual harvest.  

It's not on there, but I'm watering once every day to two days in the garage, and I had to water them twice the day they were outside enjoying the sun.  We'll see if the transplanted carrots recover and whether they actually become normal carrots.

You'll note I also mentioned other stuff I planted that isn't in the container garden - the peony and the flower seeds.  That's just so I can keep track of that stuff, too, without building another spreadsheet.  

Anyway, this is me.  Hopefully it helps my journey and doesn't become a pain in the buns.  And that I remember to keep it updated.  :fingers crossed:

Oh, and if you want to follow this blog, all the way at the bottom there's a spot to do that.  

Now, I should probably try to get some sleep before Monday actually comes and I have to do work or something.

1 comment:

  1. You are the queen of the spread. Sheets. Spread sheets. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Conversation Growth

Update - 8/2/21

I know I haven't been around in a while, but that's because not much is going on in the garden. Except today, I found a new flower o...