Wednesday, May 19, 2021

Updates - May 19, 2021

 Time for some updates.  

Here's a picture of the tomato seedlings:


And here's a pic of the zucchinis, carrots, and the two tomato plants I bought:


Finally, here are the lettuces:


Some of those lettuces should be ready to eat soon.  Then I'll plant more.  

The smaller of the two tomato plants I purchased already has a flower on it, but everything else is ages away from being ready to eat.  

As for the carrots, the three pots I planted of the first variety that I never did thin out are going gangbusters.  I wonder what will happen when I finally get ready to harvest.  I'm hoping for a bunch of small carrots.  We'll see.  This, after all, is a learning curve.  The carrots seeds of the second variety have seedlings already spaced for single growth.  We'll see how the two varieties/planting methods compare when it's all said and done.  

The 17 zucchini plants are getting big.  And I had an 18th plant pop up over the last day or so, I may thin that one.  Thinning plants makes me sad, though, so I might not bother.  

All in all, things are going good.  I've been pulling them back during expected bad weather and sheltering them as best I can.  Then putting them back in the sun when the weather clears.  When they get big, that might not be possible.  With them still being small, I'm happy to move them around as needed.  



2 comments:

  1. When they are big, they probably won't need sheltering. I mean, if you had a land-based garden, you wouldn't be able to pick it up and move it, right?

    I'm so glad you're having fun and anticipating good eats from this "experiment." And think of all that natural Vitamin D from being out in the sun tending to them. 😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, right now, I'm mostly worried about the tomato and carrot seedlings. If they're predicting hail, though, all bets are off and I'll be moving as much inside as I can. That's the great thing about containers.

      Delete

Conversation Growth

Update - 8/2/21

I know I haven't been around in a while, but that's because not much is going on in the garden. Except today, I found a new flower o...