Thursday, June 10, 2021

Update with Pics - 6/10/21

 Good morning!  I know I haven't been here in a while, but that's because nothing major has been going on.  Well, that changed a couple days ago when my zucchinis started blooming!  Yay!



They're going crazy!  Which gives me a decided happy.  Way to go, Zukes!  

In other plant news, the tomatoes are doing well.  Still no blooms on anything but the one I bought and those flowers are gone now.  Hopefully, I'll see tiny fruits start there soon.  

The carrots are okay.  One of the planters where I never separated the seedlings has halfway died.  The others are doing fine.  All the containers planted with single seeds are doing well.  

The lettuces are being eaten a few leaves at a time, mostly on burgers and sandwiches, but are a disappointment.  The lettuce itself is nearly flavorless and easily bruised.  And it wilts quickly.  I won't be doing this species again.  Next year, I'll move to spinach.

In onion news, I am starting to see green on a few members of the set.  Fingers crossed for onions I can actually harvest down the road.

All in all, the container gardening experiment is working.  It's a bit of a pain, but then again, all gardening is.  At least I don't have to worry about critters eating my plants.  The true test will be how much I harvest and whether it was worth it overall.  Time will tell.

1 comment:

Conversation Growth

Update - 8/2/21

I know I haven't been around in a while, but that's because not much is going on in the garden. Except today, I found a new flower o...