Sunday, May 2, 2021

Shuttling Plants Around

 Yesterday, I thought I'd read that we were supposed to get splooshed upon, so I brought all the plants inside.  (Because they're too tiny to take a big splooshing yet.)


Then I realized I'd jumped the gun and the plants were going to need to be watered again before the big rain, so I moved them all back outside for watering (because I don't want a big drippy mess in my sunroom.)


16 zucchinis, twelve tomatoes, 5 lettuces, 8 carrots, and one pot with the two baby cedar trees.  42 pots.  And I still have an egg carton with lettuce seedlings in the garage.  Umm...  Yah.

Anyway, I got them all out and I watered them all.  Later, once they've had a chance to drip any excess water, I'll bring them back inside until Tuesday when the weather is supposed to be better.

At some point, these babies will be big enough to handle a splooshing on their own and they'll stay outside, but for now, I'm okay with toting them around.  Huge thanks to Hubs for toting them with me.

Oh, and here's a closeup of some of the baby zukes and lettuces.  Aren't they cute?  I can't wait to eat them up.  




1 comment:

  1. Awww. Cute babies! And I thought that shelving unit might have wheels and you just wheeled them in and out, but props for lugging them. And Hubs too! All those yummies will be worth the work.

    ReplyDelete

Conversation Growth

Update - 8/2/21

I know I haven't been around in a while, but that's because not much is going on in the garden. Except today, I found a new flower o...